Monday, December 20, 2010

How can I look past people's shortcomings and focus on the good in them?


This is the second question I was asking myself while watching my Mom in the Intensive Care Unit. (For a little more detail, see Dec 18, 2010 post)
All people have shortcomings. Sometimes the things they do and say irritate me or hurt my feelings. How will I react to those things? Will I react with similar words and deeds? Will I defend myself?
Or will I make myself look past that and see the good inside that person? Can my heart be that big?  Will I let it?  Will I demand it?
How can I know their heart is good when their actions are not? My job is to keep knowing they are good – to keep believing. I only need to expect the best from them, and help them achieve it. How will I bring out the best in others? How will I help them grow & realize their potential?
I should never presume to understand a person's motives, or judge them. I have enough trouble with myself.
Feel free to add your thoughts.  thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment