Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Who will I believe in?

This is the third question I was asking myself while watching my Mom in the Intensive Care Unit. (For a little more detail, see Dec 18, 2010 post)

Every person has greatness inside, but we all need help to bring it out. Sometimes it only takes one person to believe in us. That person could be ourselves, and it probably should be, but sometimes it can’t be. Our faith in ourselves might be weak or beaten down from our life experiences. We might just be too young to have proven ourselves even to ourselves. Part of it might be related to our personality. For whatever reason, we might need to lean on someone else for that faith. 

For me, that person was my Mom. She always made it a point to tell me I could do anything. Even when I couldn't believe that, she always did. As part of yesterday's post, I wrote, "My job is to keep knowing they are good – to keep believing."


Now I ask myself this question: Who will I believe in?


Obviously, I want to be that for my kids, and I hope when they're grown and look back on their time with me, they really believe that like I do about my Mom. But I think I should be bigger than that. I think I should believe in people at work or church or wherever I have a chance to really make a difference. I hope I will live up to that.

Care to comment?

No comments:

Post a Comment